Turtle Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Used Games

Go down

Used Games Empty Used Games

Post by Zegers Thu May 30, 2013 7:53 am

I'm not sure how all of you feel about used games, and I'm sure that seeing as most of you are probably PC gamers, it doesn't really affect you at all. However, I myself have had a large console gaming history as well as a large PC gaming history, and even back when I played on the PC used games were never really allowed because most games had CD keys. With modern consoles (not the next gen) used games have been a blight on the publishers and developers and can indeed decrease their revenue in a big way, and that is why I generally try to buy new games on the console. I do admit though that I have done the unthinkable and purchased used games before simply because I maybe couldn't find a new copy if it was an older game or the deal was simply quite good. I never liked doing it, but sometimes money is tight and if I really want the game I will do it. I'm also very against GameStop and retailers that have the same practices of attempting to sell used over new quite heavily for reasons that I would say are rather obvious. They make huge profits on these used game sales and none of this goes to support the developer/publisher.

I'm going to like a video made by Total Biscuit that covers his opinion on why he is against used games. I feel exactly the same way, and finally seeing somebody put out an intellectual argument against used games is uplifting and will hopefully help people realize that used games are quite damaging to the people making theses games that we all love and enjoy.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G_f8YBy39M
Zegers
Zegers
Turtle Warrior
Turtle Warrior

Back to top Go down