Turtle Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Elder Scrolls Online

4 posters

Go down

The Elder Scrolls Online Empty The Elder Scrolls Online

Post by Zegers Fri May 24, 2013 11:00 pm

I know that most of you played plenty of Elder Scrolls in your days, and of course in the future there is going to be an MMO released for the Elder Scrolls universe. Now, there hasn't been a whole lot of information about the game released yet, not even information about how their P2P or F2P model is going to work. I do hope that when the time comes ATSK will decide whether to extend a guild to ESO. But that's for another time.

I just wanted to get a discussion about anything that you have all heard about the upcoming MMO, and if you plan on playing it. (I will probably be playing it even if I do have to P2P, even though I'm not a big fan of P2P seeing as Guild Wars has shown not once but twice, that MMOs can be great and have tons of content and still be F2P.)

Sorry for the rambling but back to the point. I wanted to start a thread to help spread any information we have about ESO and whether we are looking forward to it, and whether any of you will be playing it.

Here is a video by OMFGCata who got some hands on time with the Alpha build and did a video about what he experienced with his time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI
Zegers
Zegers
Turtle Warrior
Turtle Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls Online Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Online

Post by MrManager Fri May 24, 2013 11:05 pm

I saw the like 9 minutes reveal trailer they had and IM STILL WAITING FOR BETA INFORMATION AFTER LIKE 4 MONTHS but yea if they can pull this off i have a feeling its going to be one of the best multiplayer experiences on the internet
MrManager
MrManager
Admin

https://turtlesquad.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zegers Fri May 24, 2013 11:14 pm

Yeah, they're keeping it all pretty tight to the chest with TESO. But man I just know it's going to be incredible.
Zegers
Zegers
Turtle Warrior
Turtle Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 31, 2013 12:17 am

/throwup

Back to top Go down

Post by Zegers Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 am

Lol, I'd like to see an argument, but to each his/her own.
Zegers
Zegers
Turtle Warrior
Turtle Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Zegers Fri May 31, 2013 3:04 am

I found an excellent video about some of the gathering an exploration that will take place in TESO, and if you'd like check out the YouTube channel of the same video as well. They have quite a lot of information regarding it.

Video:

Some of these videos can get pretty lengthy though, so set aside some time. ;P
Zegers
Zegers
Turtle Warrior
Turtle Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle Swag Fri May 31, 2013 1:42 pm

Mike Spamm wrote:/throwup

No need for comments dissing a topic such as this.

Turtle Swag
Turtle Rookie
Turtle Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hot Pink Chocolate! Fri May 31, 2013 7:39 pm

Well to me it looked a lot like World of Warcraft... but what do I know. I'll wait until I can get a really good idea of how it is from watching Youtube vids etc. until I'm ready to actually buy it.
Hot Pink Chocolate!
Hot Pink Chocolate!
Turtle Rookie
Turtle Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zegers Fri May 31, 2013 7:53 pm

It's nothing like World of Warcraft. It has the same first-person capabilities of the rest of the Elder Scrolls games, and keeps the same blocking and general combat system. The abilities are nowhere near as massive and extensive as they are in WoW either. The abilities are much more like Guild Wars 2, where you get something like 5 or 6 on your hotbar and that's really all you need. It's looking more and more like an Elder Scrolls game. The combat is not just ability rotations you can do most of the stuff you would in Skyrim (i.e. blocking in mid combat). I'll post a shitload of links for you after I post this, and it'll give you a great idea of the combat system, and many other things. This game is going to be at it's core a ES game.
Zegers
Zegers
Turtle Warrior
Turtle Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Zegers Fri May 31, 2013 7:57 pm

I have a few links to PC Gamer, they do a good job of summing up their experience with the game.

PC Gamer links:
http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/252-the-elder-scrolls-online-hands-on/

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-what-i-loved-and-what-i-didnt-as-a-long-time-elder-scrolls-fan/

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-elder-scrolls-online-hands-on-first-person-mode-skills-stealth-and-more/

Here is a GameInformer article describing some of the questlines we'll see in TESO.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_online/b/macintosh/archive/2013/05/28/the-elder-scrolls-online-s-quest-storylines-impress.aspx

This is some of the best information out on this game at the moment, including the videos that I linked earlier in the thread.
Zegers
Zegers
Turtle Warrior
Turtle Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hot Pink Chocolate! Fri May 31, 2013 8:01 pm

Hmmm after looking at all that info, I changed my mind Smile Thanks for posting it and now like you I am looking forward to it.
Hot Pink Chocolate!
Hot Pink Chocolate!
Turtle Rookie
Turtle Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum